The United States Diamond Wheel Division of Radiac Abrasives has been manufacturing superabrasive wheels in or near Aurora, Illinois since 1947.
Founder Fred Lindblad owned the company until 1968 when he sold to United-Greenfield. United-Greenfield was purchased later in the year by T.R.W. Corp.
In 1978, Federal Mogul bought USDW and merged it with National Diamond from Leroy, New York.
In 1985, M & R Industries bought USDW along with National Grinding Wheel.
Kuzmick Diamond, already owned by M & R, was moved to Aurora, IL starting in 1986
Two more purchases were made. Standard Diamond in 1989 and parts of Parsons Diamond in 1990.
In 2009 Radiac Abrasives was purchased by Tyrolit Schleifmittelwerke Swarovski KG.
The synergistic effect of having combined 5 separate diamond wheel makers has helped USDW to advance its technical knowledge to its current state.